You'll be done in three steps!
1. Fill out our registration form
You'll be asked to provide student details, your preferred payment channels, and other information. The pre-registered, prepaid rate is also indicated there so you'll know how much you'll need to pay.
2. Pay using your preferred payment channel
We accept payments through:
- credit card/PayPal (online payment)
- bank deposit/transfer through BDO or BPI
- 7-Eleven/M Lhuillier/Cebuana Lhuillier/Coins.ph
- Sunshine Place or Buku-Buku Kafe (only for events hosted by them)
- Cash upon walk-in (the walk-in rate is higher)
You'll receive more details on how to pay after filling out the registration form.
3. Inform us about your payment
When you're done paying, you'll finalize your registration by informing us about your payment. You'll receive the procedure for this on our payment page. Please follow the procedure (do not just email us your proof of payment) so that you'd receive the class details as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why are your course fees cheaper compared to most other writing workshops?
We believe that everyone can learn to write stories, whether or not you'd like to pursue writing as a profession. We don't want to confine our courses to those who expect to earn from it. Hence, we've priced our courses to accomodate those who write for the love of it.
We've done this by 1) giving lower prices to those who commit by paying ahead of the course date; 2) removing frills that are not necessary to the learning process (e.g. catered food, handouts); and 3) partnering with venues that support our mission. Through these steps, we're able to keep the quality of our courses high despite the affordable fees.
What does the course fee cover?
Normally, the course fee covers instruction, a certificate, and one story consultation through email within thirty (30) days of your course.
We generally do not provide food because we hold our courses in areas where there are many establishments to choose from. If the workshop is held in partnership with an F&B establishment, we may opt to include food and drinks in the course fee.
How do I pay?
We accept payments primarily through three channels:
- online payment processing through PayPal - You may pay using a credit card (no PayPal account necessary) or through your PayPal wallet.
- bank deposit - You may deposit your cash payment to our BPI or BDO account.
- Coins.ph - You may pay through a 7-Eleven branch, an M Lhuillier branch, or your Coins.ph wallet.
After you register, you'll be given the link to our payment page, which has our online payment buttons and our bank details. If you indicated #3 as your preferred payment channel in the registration form, we'll send you a Coins.ph payment request. Please note that Coins.ph adds a service charge depending on the total amount. You'll see amount in the payment request.
We also have venue partners who opt to receive cash payments on our behalf. If the venue partner accepts workshop payments, it will be indicated on our marketing materials.
Why are there two prices indicated as the course fee?
We generally indicate two prices for each course, like this:
₱3,600 (₱3,000 if paid on or before May 12)*
The first is the walk-in rate, while the second is the pre-registration rate. To avail of the pre-registration rate, you must pay the day prior to the first day of the course or earlier. Any course payments made on the day itself will use the walk-in rate.
Why is the course fee lower for those who pay ahead of the course date?
We'd like to reward those who commit to a seat in our courses. In the past, we've had people reserve a seat but fail to show up, depriving other potential students the chance to join our workshops. We want to discourage this practice by charging a lower pre-registration rate.
Do you provide discounts?
We provide an automatic 20% scholarship for minors (below 18 years old), enrolled full-time students, employed or licensed teachers, homeschooling parents, persons with disabilities, and senior citizens. In the registration form, you'll be asked if the student being enrolled falls under any of the above categories, and then to provide a photo or scan of a document that proves such. The registration form also indicates both the regular and the scholarship pre-registration rate so you'll know how much you have to pay.
What if paid ahead but in the end, I can't make it?
Unless otherwise stated,* course payments are non-refundable but are transferable. You may either send someone else to occupy your seat or attend a later course schedule, on the following conditions:
- If you send another person to take your place, we will issue the certificate to the person who actually attended. You must inform us of the substitution one hour prior to the start of class at the latest, or else your substitute will not be accommodated. If you qualified for our 20% scholarship but your substitute does not, your substitute must pay the balance before joining the class.
- If you prefer to attend a later course, you must inform us about it 48 hours prior to the start of class at the latest. This will allow us to inform people in the wait list about the vacant seat and give them a chance to avail of the pre-registration rate. (If you don't make the 48-hour mark, you may send a substitute instead.) You may enroll in another course of the same price or greater; if the fee of the later course is higher than that of your original payment, you must pay the balance the day before the course date at the latest. You may choose a course scheduled within one year of your original course date.
If you do not attend the course you paid for and you fail to meet the above conditions, your chance to transfer your payment to a substitute or to another schedule will be forfeited.
*Bundles/promos are typically non-refundable AND non-transferable.