Writers and readers alike don't just want stories. They want good stories. And a good story begins with a good premise, both for the reader and the writer. But where does one get good ideas? How does one know if the idea is already good?
The Writer's Spark: Catching Ideas is a six-hour crash course that trains you to generate story ideas at will, and then constructing premises that beg to be written. You'll learn how to develop your Observation skills, process your own Experiences, and spark your Imagination towards a good story premise. Then, you'll practise building premises that leave you and your readers wanting more.
Minimum age for this workshop: 8 years old
The Writer's Spark: Catching Ideas is taught by Dr. Joem Antonio. A published author and playwright, he holds a Ph.D. in Creative Writing from UP Diliman and is an eight-time Palanca Award winner. He believes that writing is a skill that can be learned by even those who weren't magically "born with the talent." Through his writing courses and workshops, he teaches writing as a science, leaving students with clear methods that allow them to move their writing projects forward.
*Minors, full-time students, employed or licensed teachers, homeschooling parents, persons with disabilities, and senior citizens are automatically given a 20% scholarship after presenting documents as proof.
This course is part of two bundles!
Take a whole bundle and save.
June 6-7 at Fully Booked Greenbelt 5, Ayala Center, Makati
- The Writer’s Spark: Catching Ideas [June 6 (Saturday), 11:00AM-6:00PM]
- The Writer’s Seed: Cultivating Your Story Idea [June 7 (Sunday), 11:00AM-6:00PM]
Bundle rate: ₱4,500 (Must be paid in full by June 5, 2019)
July 6-9 at Sunshine Place, Jupiter St., Makati
- The Writer’s Spark: Catching Ideas [July 6 (Monday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
- The Writer’s Seed: Cultivating Your Story Idea [July 7 (Tuesday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
- The Writer’s Flow: Getting Into the Zone [July 8 (Wednesday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
- The Writer’s Eye: Reading Like a Writer [July 9 (Thursday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
Bundle rate: ₱9,000 (Must be paid in full by July 5, 2019)
Terms and conditions:
- The bundle rate of ₱11,000 must be paid in full on or before Mar. 6, 2020.
- The bundle registration is for only one (1) specific participant. No substitutions allowed.
- The bundle rate is a payment for The Writer’s Spark: Catching Ideas (July 6, 2020), The Writer’s Seed: Cultivating Your Story Idea (July 7, 2020), The Writer’s Flow: Getting Into the Zone (July 8, 2020), and The Writer’s Eye: Reading Like a Writer (July 9, 2020). Those availing of this package rate WILL NOT be allowed to transfer to later schedules.
- The bundle rate is not valid in conjunction with other discounts and promos.