You have an exciting premise. Now, what? You're itching to write, but the premise is still a few steps short of being ready for prime time. What must you do to make an idea ready for writing?
The Writer's Seed: Cultivating Story Ideas is a six-hour course where, through a ton of writing drills, you'll learn to create a writing plan out of a premise. We'll teach you the components of a good outline, as well as a concrete, repeatable process for cultivating these components. You'll leave the class having practiced outlining to a level of detail that makes the writing phase a cinch.
Minimum age for this workshop: 14 years old
Live (face-to-face) class duration: 6 hoursOnline class duration: 7 days
The Writer's Seed: Cultivating Story Ideas is taught by Dr. Joem Antonio. A published author and playwright, he holds a Ph.D. in Creative Writing from UP Diliman and is an eight-time Palanca Award winner. He believes that writing is a skill that can be learned by even those who weren't magically "born with the talent." Through his writing courses and workshops, he teaches writing as a science, leaving students with clear methods that allow them to move their writing projects forward.
June 7-20, 2020 (Sunday-Saturday)
₱3,000 (₱2,000 if paid on or before Jun. 6)*
This class will be held online. To understand how our online classes work, please read the following page before signing up: Live and Online Classes
*Minors, full-time students, employed or licensed teachers, homeschooling parents, persons with disabilities, and senior citizens are automatically given a 20% scholarship after presenting documents as proof.
This course is part of a bundle!
Take a whole bundle and save.
August 1-28, 2020
This bootcamp will be held online. To understand how our online classes work, please read the following page before signing up: Live and Online Classes
- August 1-7, 2020 - The Writer's Spark: Catching Ideas
- August 8-14, 2020 - The Writer's Seed: Cultivating Your Story Idea
- August 15-21, 2020 - The Writer's Flow: Getting Into the Zone
- August 22-28, 2020 - The Writer's Eye: Editing Like a Writer
Bundle rate: ₱7,000 (Must be paid in full by July 31, 2020)
Terms and conditions:
- The bundle rate of ₱7,000 must be paid in full on or before July 31, 2020.
- The bundle registration is for only one (1) specific participant. No substitutions allowed.
- The bundle rate is a payment for the Storywriting Skills Bootcamp, which includes The Writer’s Spark: Catching Ideas (August 1-7, 2020), The Writer’s Seed: Cultivating Your Story Idea (August 8-14, 2020), The Writer’s Flow: Getting Into the Zone (August 15-21, 2020), and The Writer’s Eye: Editing Like a Writer (August 22-28, 2020). Those availing of this package rate WILL NOT be allowed to transfer to later schedules.
- Students enrolled under the bundle rate must finish all requirements within seven (7) days of each course to qualify for its certificate. They will not be entitled to grace periods that Storywriting School gives to those who are not enrolled under the bundle rate.
- Students enrolled under the bundle rate will only be entitled to two (2) coaching video calls throughout the duration of the Storywriting Skills Bootcamp, instead of one per course for those who are not enrolled under the bundle rate.
- The bundle rate is not valid in conjunction with other discounts and promos.