Storywriting Basics: Storytelling is a writing course on narration. Learn about balancing description and action, creating suspense, surprising the reader, using proper phrasing, controlling the pace, leading the reader's emotions, and more.
You'll leave with:
- a basic understanding of the 12 basic human reactions that characters and readers go through in a story;
- working knowledge on using the 12 basic human reactions to plot out a story;
- a method for developing a narrative using the 12 basic human reactions; and
- a process that tests a draft using the 12 basic human reactions.
Minimum age for this workshop: 8 years old
Live (face-to-face) class duration: 12 hoursOnline class duration: 14 days
Storywriting Basics: Storytelling is taught by Dr. Joem Antonio. A published author and playwright, he holds a Ph.D. in Creative Writing from UP Diliman and is an eight-time Palanca Award winner. He believes that writing is a skill that can be learned by even those who weren't magically "born with the talent." Through his writing courses and workshops, he teaches writing as a science, leaving students with clear methods that allow them to move their writing projects forward.
*Minors, full-time students, employed or licensed teachers, homeschooling parents, persons with disabilities, and senior citizens are automatically given a 20% scholarship after presenting documents as proof.
This course is part of a bundle!
Take the whole bundle and save.
- Storywriting Basics Bundle
March 2020 at The Other Room, Malingap St., Quezon City
- Storywriting Basics: Story Design [March 7-8 (Saturday-Sunday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
- Storywriting Basics: Storytelling [March 14-15 (Saturday-Sunday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
- Storywriting Basics: Characterization [March 21 (Saturday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
Bundle rate: ₱11,000 (Must be paid in full by March 6, 2019)
Terms and conditions:
- The bundle rate of ₱11,000 must be paid in full on or before Mar. 6, 2020.
- The bundle registration is for only one (1) specific participant. No substitutions allowed.
- The bundle package rate is a payment for Storywriting Basics: Story Design, Storywriting Basics: Storytelling, and Storywriting Basics: Characterization in March 2020. Those availing of this package rate WILL NOT be allowed to transfer to later schedules.
- The bundle package rate is not valid in conjunction with other discounts and promos.