Storywriting Basics: Story Design (formerly known as Inkblot: the Essentials of Writing Fiction) is a 12-hour writing course on the method of storywriting. It's not your typical writing workshop where participants read out their work to be critiqued. This course will give you a clear method on how to bring a story concept to life; you’ll learn how to create characters, set up a plot, make events vivid in the minds of your readers, and rewrite for polish.
Storywriting Basics: Story Design is made up of four three-hour modules:
- Accuracy, Concreteness, and Efficiency
You'll leave with:
- guidelines on the basic control of written language;
- the essentials in preparing to write a story;
- a method on turning an outline into a story; and
- a method on improving drafts.
Minimum age for this workshop: 8 years old
Storywriting Basics: Story Design is taught by Dr. Joem Antonio. A published author and playwright, he holds a Ph.D. in Creative Writing from UP Diliman and is an eight-time Palanca Award winner. He believes that writing is a skill that can be learned by even those who weren't magically "born with the talent." Through his writing courses and workshops, he teaches writing as a science, leaving students with clear methods that allow them to move their writing projects forward.
*Minors, full-time students, employed or licensed teachers, homeschooling parents, persons with disabilities, and senior citizens are automatically given a 20% scholarship after presenting documents as proof.
This course is part of a bundle!
Take the whole bundle and save.
- Storywriting Basics Bundle
March 2020 at The Other Room, Malingap St., Quezon City
- Storywriting Basics: Story Design [March 7-8 (Saturday-Sunday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
- Storywriting Basics: Storytelling [March 14-15 (Saturday-Sunday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
- Storywriting Basics: Characterization [March 21 (Saturday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
Bundle rate: ₱11,000 (Must be paid in full by March 6, 2019)
Terms and conditions:
- The bundle rate of ₱11,000 must be paid in full on or before Mar. 6, 2020.
- The bundle registration is for only one (1) specific participant. No substitutions allowed.
- The bundle package rate is a payment for Storywriting Basics: Story Design, Storywriting Basics: Storytelling, and Storywriting Basics: Characterization in March 2020. Those availing of this package rate WILL NOT be allowed to transfer to later schedules.
- The bundle package rate is not valid in conjunction with other discounts and promos.