Nothing engages a reader more than an empathetic character. When the reader is able to place himself in the shoes of someone within the story, he feels the stakes involved and cares for the story's outcome.
But how can a writer avoid the pitfalls of making characters bland, stereotypical, or unrelatable? How does one avoid the trap of writing unnecessarily lengthy character profiles? How can the writer flesh out the character without sacrificing the pace of the story?
Storywriting Basics: Characterization is a six-hour crash course that offers an effective and efficient approach to developing characters. The workshop uses the story design approach to give characters greater depth as the story continues to move forward.
Minimum age for this workshop: 8 years old
Storywriting Basics: Characterization is taught by Dr. Joem Antonio. A published author and playwright, he holds a Ph.D. in Creative Writing from UP Diliman and is an eight-time Palanca Award winner. He believes that writing is a skill that can be learned by even those who weren't magically "born with the talent." Through his writing courses and workshops, he teaches writing as a science, leaving students with clear methods that allow them to move their writing projects forward.
*Minors, full-time students, employed or licensed teachers, homeschooling parents, persons with disabilities, and senior citizens are automatically given a 20% scholarship after presenting documents as proof.
This course is part of a bundle!
Take the whole bundle and save.
Storywriting Basics Bundle
March 2020 at The Other Room, Malingap St., Quezon City
- Storywriting Basics: Story Design [March 7-8 (Saturday-Sunday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
- Storywriting Basics: Storytelling [March 14-15 (Saturday-Sunday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
- Storywriting Basics: Characterization [March 21 (Saturday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
Bundle fee: ₱11,000 (Must be paid in full by March 6, 2019)
- Bundles are for specific dates. Registrations and payments for bundles are NOT TRANSFERABLE to other persons or other dates. Please avail of bundles only if you're sure you will attend the specified dates.
- Also, there will be no further discounts to bundle fees. Bundle fees are cheaper than pre-registered, prepaid fees at 20% scholarship.)