You've finally written your piece, but something about it is a bit off... but what?
The Writer's Eye: Reading Like a Writer is a course that will give you a repeatable process for troubleshooting your own written work. Through a ton of writing drills, we'll train your eye in paying attention to the words and sentences that create the reading experience. By the end of class, you'll have practiced spotting what works and what doesn't, understanding why something doesn't work, and identifying what can be done to make it work—transforming that ugly zero draft into polished writing.
Note: Most of our courses are for writing stories, but the tools given in this class can be applied to writing articles, academic papers, business correspondence, etc.
Minimum age for this workshop: 14 years old
The Writer's Eye: Reading Like a Writer is taught by Dr. Joem Antonio. A published author and playwright, he holds a Ph.D. in Creative Writing from UP Diliman and is an eight-time Palanca Award winner. He believes that writing is a skill that can be learned by even those who weren't magically "born with the talent." Through his writing courses and workshops, he teaches writing as a science, leaving students with clear methods that allow them to move their writing projects forward.
June 14-27, 2020 (Sunday-Saturday)
₱3,000 (₱2,000 if paid on or before Jun. 13)*
This class will be held online. To understand how our online classes work, please read the following page before signing up: Live and Online Classes
July 9, 2020 (Thursday), 10:00AM-5:00PM [This schedule is tentative due to quarantine measures]
₱3,600 (₱3,000 if paid on or before Jul. 8)*
*Minors, full-time students, employed or licensed teachers, homeschooling parents, persons with disabilities, and senior citizens are automatically given a 20% scholarship after presenting documents as proof.
This course is part of a bundle!
Take a whole bundle and save.
- Storywriting Bootcamp
July 6-9 at Sunshine Place, Jupiter St., Makati
- The Writer’s Spark: Catching Ideas [July 6 (Monday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
- The Writer’s Seed: Cultivating Your Story Idea [July 7 (Tuesday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
- The Writer’s Flow: Getting Into the Zone [July 8 (Wednesday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
- The Writer’s Eye: Reading Like a Writer [July 9 (Thursday), 10:00AM-5:00PM]
Bundle rate: ₱9,000 (Must be paid in full by July 5, 2019)
Terms and conditions:
- The bundle rate of ₱9,000 must be paid in full on or before July 5, 2020.
- The bundle registration is for only one (1) specific participant. No substitutions allowed.
- The bundle rate is a payment for The Writer’s Spark: Catching Ideas (July 6, 2020), The Writer’s Seed: Cultivating Your Story Idea (July 7, 2020), The Writer’s Flow: Getting Into the Zone (July 8, 2020), and The Writer’s Eye: Reading Like a Writer (July 9, 2020). Those availing of this package rate WILL NOT be allowed to transfer to later schedules.
- The bundle rate is not valid in conjunction with other discounts and promos.